View Single Post
Old 4 Jun 2003, 19:42 (Ref:621004)   #56
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
According to Mulsanne Mikes site the 2003 Bentley has 658BHP, the R8 593BHP or so.

Mulsanne's Corner gives 658 bhp for the 2003 Bentley.

Well, it's impossible.

Of course, we can imagine that if the engine is now a 4000 cc to 3600 cc last year, the power has grown in the same proportion.

Indeed, this year, the Bentley will have 2 restrictors with a diameter of 30,7 mm and a max boost pressure of 1500 millibar for the two turbos.
The diameter was 33,1 mm last year.

The ACO decided to decrease the average power of the engines from 600 down to 550 bhp ; (in 1994 the power was 650 bhp).

Physically, the air passing through the restrictors can not exceed the speed of sound, so whatever are the engine size and architecture, the power is limited.
On the other hand, the maximum torque reached at lower speed can be "caterpillaresque" !
I think that's why the size has been increased to 4000 cc this year.

So I always think : 3'32''500 with brilliant and likeable J.HERBERT.

PS 1 : see http://www.lemans.org/sport/pdf/2003...XE_A_GF_GB.pdf for all engines restrictors datas.

PS 2 : I really like Mulsanne's Corner pages.

Last edited by PascaLM; 4 Jun 2003 at 19:44.