View Single Post
Old 19 Jan 2018, 22:32 (Ref:3793882)   #33
jjvincent
Racer

jjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
Wow, 5 in ST is disappointing. I was hoping for more attendance in that class for the last year of both ST and Continental being a part of the series. TCR has a lot of promise but it doesn't have the diversity that it needs just yet.
In 2016, I had the start and park program for GS. This was a fantasy team that only ran the minimal amount of time and a driver change. So each race consisted of 50 minutes of run time and them park the car. That year, I would have finished 5th in GS points and got around $30K in prize money. With IMSA only paying the top 5 now, the prize money is not good but I'll keep a season total and see what the start and park program garners in ST for this year.

Best part for ST is it's only 3 teams and one has 3 cars entered. So, the chance of all 5 making it past the 50 minute mark for the season is not going to happen. So, I know that a 6th is an automatic but i might be on the tail of 5th. When I did this in GS, I almost took 4th and that was from a car that ran the whole season.

Yes ST went from 20 to 5 for this year but GS went from 21 to 31. On the other hand, I ran there when over 50 were in ST for that race and at least 40 full time cars. I'm glad I got to run in that class when it was at a record high. Those days are now gone.