View Single Post
Old 21 Jan 2022, 15:06 (Ref:4094735)   #213
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Jacques Villeneuve, Jean Alesi, Heinz-Harald Frentzen, Christian Danner, Johnny Herbert, Stefan Johansson, Narain Karthikeyan, Ukyo Katayama, JJ Lehto, Gianni Morbidelli, Alex Yoong and Vitantonio Liuzzi all entered the Speedcar Series?

Gerhard Berger, Alan Jones, Sir Jack Brabham, Denny Hulme, Jacques Villeneuve, Jenson Button, Sir Stirling Moss, Tonio Liuzzi, Mika Salo have all given versions of Aussie Touring Cars a go.

And finally - Daniel Ricciardo has now sampled a Supercar on two separate occasions. He strapped into Triple Eight's 'Sandman' Supercar for a few laps of Sandown ahead of the 2016 Australian Grand Prix, then in 2019 at Calder Park he sampled the Castrol-backed Nissan Altima that Rick Kelly would race at the Beaurepaires Melbourne 400.

"(The Sandman) actually scared me," Ricciardo said. "It didn't really want to drive in a straight line. Probably because of that I was like 'If that's how they really are...'
"This felt more race-ready. I felt like I could have a bit of a go in this today, whereas the Sandman was a couple of laps of filming. I didn't get enough time to get a real feel of it.
"This was... I don't know, it was cool. They're fast as well. It's got some ponies."
I actually lol'd at this. Don't come in here with facts.

Regarding the groupies - Brundle regularly called Max one of the greatest drivers in F1, and how he had these amazing "Max Verstappen Masterclasses", despite Max having had won as many titles as David Coulthard at the time. He even continued to call Turkey 2020 as a Max masterclass, whilst he was off the road backwards.

I find it difficult to classify Brundle as a Lewis fan given how much he has bigger up Max for the last couple of years.