View Single Post
Old 24 Jan 2022, 16:03 (Ref:4095178)   #238
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
back on topic, and a bit inspired by the new schummy thread.

if LH was to retire (which i dont think he will so just for discussion), how would that affect his legacy? obviously his records speak for themselves but strength of competition also matters.

those years where he had to fight (and often lost) to Mika probably enhances my opinion of Schummy so would that apply for HAM? or does Ham need to come back and take the fight to Max in order to cement his status?

or would retiring now be more like a TGF nearing the end of his career losing to Alonso in 2005. rather seen more as a passing of the torch rather then a mark on his legacy?

my answer...nothing will diminish Lewis' records but i very much need to see him come back and beat Max. if he does this he goes from one of the greats to all time undisputed champ so retiring now would effect his legacy to me.