View Single Post
Old 14 Jun 2015, 16:31 (Ref:3550361)   #63
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Were not they built of plastic? My ex missus, (2 back) had one, took it down France, went like a bomb at high speed, but you couldnt leave it in full sun..
I had one as a loan car for a couple of weeks when my Senator was in for some repair work after some prat attempted a break in and only managed body damage and cutting all the alarm wires. The loaner was a bodyshop special - previously repaired. Probably rarely serviced. If ever.

At the time I was doing a weekly commute to South Wales. 132 miles and usually not any sort of peak traffic time. Dual carriage or Motorway nearly all the way.

The fastest return trip I ever managed was in that Ka. No Idea why that should be - it's handling was fun enough but top speed was nothing special according to the clock. I was almost (but not quite) sorry to hand it back (once they had failed to get the wiring sorted and simply fitted an after market alarm to the Senator).