View Single Post
Old 22 Apr 2017, 08:40 (Ref:3728357)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
For me, the big question is, will any of the "up and coming" youngsters be a major star, or will they be among the ranks of the journeymen on whom F1 relies? I think Vandoorne and Ocon have real potential; the jury's out on Stroll but I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt for the moment; I think the others will shuttle between mid-grid teams unless they somehow end up in a dominant car.
Tend to agree BSF. Nowadays it's more about opportunity arising as much as it is about god given talent.

Be interesting to see how Ocon and Wehrlein compare at the end of the year. Ocon has started well at Force India relative to Checo, but Pascal illustrated he is still very serious about his career last weekend.

If they impress regularly it is not inconceivable that they could still end up as the Mercedes pairing in a couple if yesrs.