View Single Post
Old 2 Sep 2012, 16:41 (Ref:3129163)   #359
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I make stinging and categorical criticisms of the George regime in order to concentrate minds. If that's enough to throw people into bias, they to work on their own temperament. I don't demand that my views are made mandatory. I think the George influence is malign in a very peculiar and unprecedented way in terms of the sport. I've watched George's management career on and off since the early nineties and have witnessed a mighty sport being humbled in a very slow, agonising process of destruction, destruction and destruction. Your excuses have certain salience but are insufficient. The family wealth has been hammered n the service of egos. To me he comes across as a hybrid of the Emperor Nero and a more extroverted Howard Hughes and he's still infuential. I don't want to make these criticisms, I much prefer to praise but one feels one has a duty to the truth and I agree with ms, to the extent that the sport needs to be liberated from the Georges and that multisupplier business needs to flow throughout this sport again. The sport as a North Korea on four wheels is slowly racing itself into the ground.
Oh, well, geez! I am SO sorry that I had the temerity to question your rhetorical claims of insanity on TG's part. I had not realized that you were simply preparing my mind for the appropriate amount of focus which would allow me (with your permission of course) to discuss this and even present my own inferior opinions and rationales.

If only Plato, Socrates and Aristotle had realized the value of this technique long ago, what a massive improvement would have been made in forwarding the development of philosophy and rational thought. Plato's "Theaetetus" would have had so much more impact if only Socrates had accused Theaetetus of being insane...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.