Thread: New SRO GT2
View Single Post
Old 31 Jul 2018, 01:41 (Ref:3840253)   #18
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
I think the articles are clear, Ratel points to sports vehicles of a range greater than GT3, I do not think the point to R8, AMG GT or Portofino.
For me that's why Ratel chose the name of GT2, higher range cars with more power.

I think like you, for me it is also a great idea. Ratel has in his mind to recreate the fight of the last GT1, Ferrari 575/550, Lambo Murcielago, Saleen S7, Aston DB9, Maserati MC12, Ford GT, Corvette, Nissan GTR with the new cars.
None of those race or have race intentions other than Ferraris Corsa Clienti program. It's great he intends to use them but I have not heard a single car mentioned. For MB and Audi there's no car they could use so they're eliminated. Corvette sorry that's in the same range as the previous. Ford isn't going to continue the GT or make a new model for Ams so that's done. The GTR, really come on now. Aston can't make the Vantages run without MASSIVE help, the Vulcan program is sold out and huge deal about how limited, they aren't making more.

That leaves Ferrari, they love their 488s racing and only recently brought that in house, Lamborghini could make a V12 Aventador but they are riding a bit of Audi's work for the chassis. And well Saleen is a joke now and Maserati is too just making more badge engineered vehicles with 4 doors. There just aren't the cars, and builders, for this idea of the hypercar. Who is going to build ANOTHER chassis to go racing for Amatuers? There's a reason they use common GTE\GT3 and for a few GT4 cars, there's costs in scaling.

I have yet to hear as successful model of who is going to build hypercars in to race cars. Until then the logic, and statements made by Ratel, of using this class to DECREASE costs means previous chassis with more power and less aero.