View Single Post
Old 30 May 2019, 12:59 (Ref:3906958)   #28
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
That's a very disappointing entry for the MRL grids. Especially as they each have two 40 min races. I had hoped for better support for the event this year. Sad to see
What a shame, most of the main hardy supporters of the HTCC series have entered and good for them but as usual those who are only interested in showing off at big meetings aren't bothering. The entry is smaller than last year which is a worry. The entry was opened up to let the Sierra Cosworth and in yet they don't bother. Only 1 GrA & 1 Gr2 Rover but no Gr1 Rovers? There's loads of M3's out there yet not one entered?! Staggering.

Ok, I am aware of a few who might have entered are having to save the pennies this year but Thruxton is a legendary UK touring car venue and should get a full grid! it was a well attended by the public last year too.

It is more likely though that there are too many big hysteric meetings scheduled one week after the next through may and June. Competitors who own more than one car will have to choose where they go. People like John Spiers and Patrick Watts can run more than 1 type of car at Thruxton but people who normally do the Spa or Dijon events won't do Thruxton if it risks them having to miss the overseas events.

I mean why did the Masters organisers put on a Donington meeting the week after Thruxton and that has had races cancelled! The big Brands meeting has only just gone!

I don't think i've ever seen a U2TC entry as low as this. Ever.

The main organisers and clubs really need to consult with each other better in time for next year to avoid this sort of fixture pile up continuing.

Rant over!