Thread: Rumours Rate the season 2019
View Single Post
Old 4 Dec 2019, 22:19 (Ref:3944872)   #4
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think about a 5. I want to see a battle for the title otherwise when you know who's going to win it 1/4 of the way into season it's not really that enticing anymore. Tune in to see who wins the race? Does it really matter unless the race is something like Brazil and actually exciting? If it's like Abu Dhabi and we watch Hamilton lead every lap from pole and set F.lap, that's enough to put me to sleep.

I actually forgot to watch Abu Dhabi until almost a day after it finished. I completely forgot it was even on. I remember the days of waking up at 5am for Canada or US GP and not being able to sleep because of F1 being so exciting. This season has just been another bore of Hamilton finishing first or second and even the short period that Ferrari's cheating allowed them to get closer and actually win some races, they were also throwing races away that they could have won. Then FIA clamped down and they're back to being half a minute slower. FIA might as well let them cheat for the benefit of it producing some different results for once! So I watched just to see Leclerc beat Vettel and win a couple of races, and for Verstappen to remind us he's probably the fastest in F1 now. Would be nice to see him go to Mercedes in 2021 alongside Russell or Ocon and have him fight Leclerc (who will reaching his peak) and an aging Hamilton who may be starting to decline in speed, at Ferrari.

But this year was very very boring. In fact, if I did get to watch them all live, then I'd watch the playback for Formula 3 before I watch Formula 1. Meaning F3, probably F2, FE, Indycar, even Super Formula, was more exciting for me this year. Oh and I completely missed Japan due to Bathurst, so put Supercars ahead of F1 too. So yeah, 5/10.