View Single Post
Old 13 Jan 2020, 16:25 (Ref:3951368)   #9
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
'Research presented at the conference showed that electric racing cars could be responsible for twice the level of carbon emissions as hybrid racing cars, because of the amount produced when building the batteries.'

also would like top hear more on this. on one hand, what he says about batteries doesn't surprise me at all, but on the other hand, dont hybrid cars also use batteries which i am assuming also present this same problems as the electric car batteries he is talking about?
I recognize the quote above as being key to many arguments about the validity of the "green agenda". I have no knowledge about it's accuracy. I suspect there is truth to what is said. I also suspect it's a case of legacy (old way) of manufacturing being used to build the next thing. So, yeah it's probably dirty. Question is... if we are soon to be flying planes using solar energy (converting solar to hydrocarbon) as way to be "carbon neutral" can't that same logic be used/applied to whatever is used to create batteries? (E.g. Excavating and processing rare elements)

I am trying to not get sucked into green energy debates here.

Richard