View Single Post
Old 25 Nov 2018, 15:57 (Ref:3865762)   #2
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
I was @ Mallory yesterday for a Javelin Trackday, and noticed that some changes are being made to the armco between the Elbow and the Pedestrian Bridge. It's where the old Rallycross track, which was gravel left the track on the outside, alongside the grid.
The Armco is being brought in to be much closer to the track in what will be a straight line all the way along to the bridge.
Back there in a fortnight - Javelin again, so will see how it's going.
I suppose that is toi minimise the risk of something going off on the outside and hitting the bridge head on.

In that respect is seems like a good idea although perhaps makes the track a bit of a tunnel.

From a spectator POV the openess of the view from the main viewing areas seems likely to be a compromised at least a little, especially from the car parking area but it may not be too different to now.

If the current spectator fence is left where it is the open view from the track level pathway will be eliminated. I doubt they could move the spectator fence down towards the track behind the new armco line ... but they might. There is a small area in the paddock that historically has always been restricted in the years I have been visiting but was open for access this year.

Looking forward to your next update!