View Single Post
Old 26 Jan 2010, 21:28 (Ref:2619957)   #14
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesper OH View Post
A fuel sample taken at the meeting later showed too much lead content from the Dave Brodie car, seing him disqualified and Harvey promoted to new winner. Brodie running without Atari sponsorship but the car now painted in silver, red and blue on the white car and Armstrong Rhinofloor as the only sponsor support I can make out.

Phil Dowsett running the Toyota as PDR-Toyota - could that be Phil Dowsett Racing-Toyota?

Jesper
Ah yes, the infamous meeting where Dave Brodie, intervied by Steve Rider as part of the regular Grandstand delayed coverage referred to all of his competitors with the exception of Andy Rouse as 'turkeys'!!

He then went onto to use illegal fuel to back up that comment.....

Shame as I was quite excited by all the hulabaloo, Brodie's return to form and his showbiz style outburst!

The Dowsett car was IIRC pretty much self run and he struggled for budget all the way through. Your news snippet about the Smith & Latimer backing along with KA's post about the possible 'Rayscar' link up were both vital in getting Phil through the season i'd guess?