View Single Post
Old 15 Feb 2017, 06:51 (Ref:3712299)   #11685
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by msd76 View Post
Maybe if they spent some more money they may of had a fully developed engine that could last 24 hours instead of 23 hours and 50 odd minutes?
I think the other Toyota (#6) had no engine issue. I wasn't talking about Toyota not needing to spend but a new manufacturer entering. Nissan spent even less than Toyota did. Not saying that they were on pace, but no one knows what that project could have been capable of with a working hybrid and a bit more time.

I don't know if f1 is a good comparison to the wec in terms of the cost cuts. They have only one engine formula, have no testing, a single tire etc. But all that makes the teams spend more on things away from the track to speed up the car. Not to mention they have more than double the races and seem to be expanding. Hopefully the wec is a bit more concerned about the little guy than what f1 has been.