View Single Post
Old 6 Apr 2006, 11:38 (Ref:1572168)   #31
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Nice array of pics there.

The Spice car, Jesper refers to was green one of 2 cars i think that Martin Thomas ran for Gordy and CS-H.

The Spice car was driven by Neil McGrath in '84-86 and then i think by Skid Scarborough in '87.

Back to the theory of 20 odd TWR Rovers i'm gonna sketch the following then. assuming each year there were new chassis total number each year in brackets:

2x 'Sanyo' & 1x 'Hepolite' BTCC
1x 'Barclay' ETC
(4)

2x 'Sanyo' BTCC (later the Bathurst 'Mobil' cars)
3x ETC (2 Fleet & 1 Gitanes),
1x Supertourisme France 'Marlboro'
1x 'Computervision' Rally but was this a converted race car?
(7)

3x ETC 'Bastos'
1x 'Computervision' rally (same question applies as '84 car)
(4)

4x ETC, (3 'Bastos', 1 white) and
1x France or other European 'Marlboro' ?
(5)

That makes 20 but is assuming several other liveries that appeared like the NZ brown, Pacific white and Herbie clips were just reliveries exisitng cars from previous years?

Another point - the '84 Spa entry has Andy Rouse listed as a driver for the Manthey German Vitesse (although he never raced it) so can we speculate if Rouse was actually the car builder and was asked to drive to help with set ups at all?