View Single Post
Old 6 Apr 2006, 21:23 (Ref:1572603)   #32
Dave Carvell
Rookie

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Dave Carvell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought I would try and shed some light on your Rover conundrum.

Being one of the drivers mentioned, I can clarify that the car I drove in the 1987 British Touring Car Championship was the Bathurst Grp A Class Winner in 1984 which was driven by Armin Hahne & Jeff Allam. This being originally a TWR Sanyo Car.

The car was purchased by Richard Potter for me to compete in the 1987 season. The car underwent extensive updating with current spec TWR engine & transmission and ran on 17" Speedline Wheels, as the "works cars" of the time. The car ran in its original white bodywork with sponsorship from Castrol and Steetley.

At the end of the 1987 season the car was sold to a Belgian Team for the Spa 24hr race. The car now sported dark blue bodywork with yellow trimmings and sponsored by Eurodefi (there is a picture of it earlier on in this thread). Incidentially, the other car that Eurodefi ran was the Herbie Clips car that Hulme & Allam had won the Tourist Trophy with previously.

As for where these cars are now - I don't know, but we do know that "my" old car was severely damaged at Zolder at a European Championship round in 1988. I don't know if it survived, or not. I would love to know what happened to it, so if anyone knows more, please let me know. If I had a choice of any racing car I have ever driven, this is the one I would want back.