View Single Post
Old 26 Feb 2013, 20:46 (Ref:3211328)   #90
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
OT,

I must admit I have not heard of the Norwell project, is this a Morris family proposal?
Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier Mark.
The Norwell project is known as IMETT and is a proposal for an integrated motor sport complex on land in the Norwell area. Google IMETT race circuit.
It is a proposal by a group who own, or have options on a significant area of cane land and other land in that area. Ideally situated at presesnt reasonably remote from existing housing development, handy to the M1 highway and the rail, and of course half way between Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
The snags at present are the objections of the usual groups who may want to build houses in the area, and more particularly the Rocky Point Mill and some other cane growers who think that the loss of cane land from production may affect the viability of the mill. Thus the Govt planning approval process is needed.
Don't know if the Morris Group is involved but the financial backing in general seems pretty sound. And the business model looks a darned sight better for the Coast than spending money on a cruise ship terminal as espoused by our current mayor.