View Single Post
Old 6 May 2021, 09:39 (Ref:4050005)   #290
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've already allowed myself to get over excited and start thinking about driver combinations for 2023.

It's going to be like moths to a flame - with sportscar racing becoming a massive flame again.

To my mind there simply can not be any WEC/FE clashes in future years. I'd already expect a talent exodus from that series, but now when you consider you can drive these cars in two sportscar series, I think priorities will shift.

As power swings back towards the drivers, you have to imagine there's a rush on at the minute to sign people up. It could be an issue for later arrivals, for arguments sake BMW. But then you could time it right and get someone that drops out of F1 for instance. Who of that grid will be at Le Mans in 2023? More than a couple I reckon. Indycar too is going to be super interesting.

We might even start seeing privateer feeder teams with drivers becoming full works drivers after a year or two. Maybe that's something Porsche will try and do. Seeing how their current Factory Pilot roster translates to LMDh will be fascinating. It looks a bit GT focussed, but then I thought the same back when the P1 programme came in and would never have imagined the likes of Marc Lieb and Earl Bamber to be mainstays. But Penske Porsche could conceivable need 12 works drivers.

And who Ferrari pick for their initial 6/7 guys is going to be so interesting.