View Single Post
Old 31 Aug 2018, 12:37 (Ref:3847233)   #8
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aland View Post
plenty of spare ngtc cars, 2 infinitis, 2 audis, 1 proton, a few avensis, insignias, chevy cruzes. okay several might be shells or missing a few bits but i am sure mr mallock will supply parts. 4 s2000 cars in scotland alone, 2 foci and 2 vectras.
Most of those NGTC cars have been total stripped back to a shell, or are now show cars. Whilst they could be rebuilt, I don't see that as very likely. The only one I can genuinely see as possible is the HARD Toyota that they use for experience days and have run in Britcar a couple of times, but even that is heavily dependant on getting a rent-a-driver each week.

Don't believe the two Vectras are race ready. There are a few S2000 cars around but I don't see the appeal of running one in this type of series.

WTCC TC1 is a non-starter. Very few cars available and too expensive to run.

Assuming TCR UK continues, I don't see any drivers doing TCT as well - most are struggling for budget in TCR as it is without adding more races in another series. Even if TCR UK folds, I think this is too much of a step down for many drivers - going from known, if poorly supported, formula to a rung-what-you-brung club series.

I suspect we will be able to count the number of entries on one hand.