View Single Post
Old 31 Jan 2002, 21:52 (Ref:207799)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's a really tough question and my thoughts are inevitably biased towards those who have done well at Le Mans. In recent years, I would put Kristensen and Dalmas high on the list, together with Wallace, then Ickx and Bell, and not forgetting the likes of Bellof who was a great sports car driver as well as an F1 star cut down in his prime. Hakkiman is right about Schneider as well. There are more criteria to think about than in F1, due to the length of races. Mechanical sympathy is pretty important, hence my reference to Derek Bell, who had a fantastic ability to nurse a car home.

Oh, I forgot two others who have to be on any list, Bob Wollek, and one of my personal favourites, Hans Stuck. (And Larrauri, and not forgetting the exploits of Moss, Fangio and others from an earlier era).

I'm going to stop before I have a list twice as long as your arm.....!