View Single Post
Old 27 Sep 2021, 13:16 (Ref:4075893)   #94
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Lewis had no choice, but to pit. When Max pitted for inters, he had to do the same. As I said in another thread, it’s better that you make the same wrong decision as your main rival, than your rival getting an advantage by him making the right decision and you the wrong one. And considering the gap Norris and Hamilton had over the rest, he would have finished in front of Max anyway

To be fair, I too thought Lando might make it on his slicks, especially as he was keeping pace with the inter shod Mazepin, but as soon as it was raining hard enough for the spray to appear I knew he was a sitting duck. Am I right that Max gained a minute on him on that one lap?

Seeing Lewis and Max take first and second after all that reminds me of that funny Gary Lineker quote which goes something like “football is a simple game where 22 players go at it for 90 minutes and in the end the Germans always win”