View Single Post
Old 27 Sep 2021, 16:26 (Ref:4075955)   #99
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Surprised nobody has mentioned how easily Bottas rolled over for Verstappen. No longer a team player, for sure........well at least the Mercedes team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I was as astonished as DC and MW on C4. There was no effort at all made to protect his position. I guess you could say that Valteri doesn't see why he should, but Merc are presumably still paying him......?
I don’t think there is much in this.

The only way to defend would have been to do a last second change of direction as Max was a lot quicker at that stage. To do so would have been dangerous.

Stay on the outside, Max nips down the inside. You lose minimal time. Defend on the inside, Max can stay on the line and will be past by the turn in point (IIRC) and he loses minimal time.

He was a sitting duck.

I’m surprised he generally didn’t drive quicker!

Ultimately Bottas is leaving because Mercedes have better alternatives. They’ve done good by him and I am sure he appreciated. Not everyone looks for reasons to be vengeful.