View Single Post
Old 19 Feb 2014, 15:18 (Ref:3370104)   #3
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake dust View Post
My son and I will be attending Le Mans this year. Wanted to go to the drivers parade. Any suggestions on when we should head into to town as well as where might be the best place to view the parade? I also seem to recall that the pit walk happens on Friday as well - do the events overlap with each other? Thanks!
I think technically they may overlap some where the pit walk is still going on once the drivers parade has started, but ya they are both on Friday. When I went it was easy enough to go to the pit walk close to when it opened, then have enough time to drive or take the train into town, have lunch and then set up for the parade. Honestly, being from the US and the access that we have here and the lack of crowds I was a bit meh about the pit walk, lots of crowding to just see the cars torn apart.

I too would like advise on the best spots for watching the parade. My only other time we were in a covered area about 100 meters from the finish. Not a bad spot but crowded. I've seen pictures of a grassy hill where you can sit and watch the parade if you don't mind not being close enough to reach out and shake hands with the drivers or get some free stuff. Does anyone know where that hillside is?

Maybe one of you Le Mans regulars who likes to put viewing or photo taking locations of the circuit on google maps wouldn't mind doing the same for the parade route???