View Single Post
Old 20 Jun 2018, 15:35 (Ref:3832131)   #206
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
It is rather odd considering Citroen engineered and built three brilliant cars over 20 years, the Xsara, C4 and Ds3.
This I definitely agree with. Remember when Meeke had the option of going to Toyota or Citroen and we all thought he would be mad to opt for Toyota? Now I wonder about that decision as the Toyota continues to surprise me (although the Yaris does seem fragile at times, so perhaps not a car for Meeke).

I am not sure what has changed at Citroen Racing. I know there were a lot of comments last year that Citroen had "bought a WTCC car to WRC", so perhaps there is more circuit experience among the current crop of Citroen engineers now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
The C3 appears to be the slowest of the current crop of cars - which is quickest is up for debate but the Citroens place at the bottom of the pile is fairly assured I'd have thought?
Yeah, I personally have the i20 pegged as the best all rounder, but I think you could reasonably argue the Fiesta or even the Yaris: the C3 seems to be unanimously declared the worst car of the lot though!

Even the senior Citroen team management have acknowledged there were/are issues last year.