View Single Post
Old 29 Oct 2005, 18:10 (Ref:1446923)   #13
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"I KNOW THE PROBLEM"!

Reading this, brings to mind the same problem we are having up here in Birmingham. We are attempting to get SPEEDWAY back at Perry Barr Stadium, after a twenty year lay-off. The Council are being very bloody minded, and have decided they don't want this smelly noisy, nasty sport in there lovely City (?) It's been very hard, and after many letters, and meetings the Guy behind the move to get the sport back there Brian Buck had the application turned down last Thursday. I must say that Brian is the mainstay in the move to bring it back, but Mr Tony Mole is the Promoter, willing to put quite a lot of money behind the project. In the vote,the Council had four for the application and four against. The Chairman of the Council committee had the casting vote, and he voted AGAINST it. It was uneceremoniously denied. So, now were back to a re-application, and it all begins again. It's hard work, it's time consuming, and as soon as you mention engines, and crowds, they close ranks, and reach for the decibel meters. I wish everyone connected with the idea all the very best, stick with it! Gerry.