View Single Post
Old 18 May 2018, 15:08 (Ref:3823265)   #8
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Let's hope so!

I agree with pretty much everything on here. To me the single biggest issue is the cars... the aero or whatever sucks, so that cars simply cannot run closely and fight for position. Thus the races can be processional and boring. Formula 1 has had this problem for a decade or more and it's duller than my drive home.

I saw a Youtube vid the other day comparing some racing from 08/09 with now and the old ones were way closer and thus exciting. Sort the cars out... they were fine throughout the 00's, then the car of tomorrow wasn't great and the current ones worse still. So go back to the regs from when Dale Sr, Rusty Wallace, DW were competing. Incorporate into those the safety lessons learned since.

Ditch the stages. They bring nothing. Consider trialling a couple of shorter races on the same weekend maybe?

Shorten race lengths... too long for me, doubt I'm alone.

Don't have repeat visits to the same tracks... Talladega once a year is enough, really is!

I kind of like the oval racing, not convinced NASCAR on non ovals is a good thing.