View Single Post
Old 1 Apr 2019, 16:24 (Ref:3894691)   #22
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The consensus seems to be that the wing failed due to vibrations, caused by flat spots following the spin.

So it could be argued Vettel broke his wing by causing his car to vibrate too much?

'Worse, though, was that the spin appeared to cause vibrations on Vettel’s medium tyres which then led to a dramatic moment when his front wing submarined under his car down Bahrain’s back straight, forcing him to pit for a new nose.'

Vettel: 'I obviously had the spin [...] Due to that I had a lot of vibrations so when I was going down the straight I had lots of vibrations and that caused the front wing to break.'
I can't remember ever seeing anyone lose their front wing because of too much vibration. If that's the case, Ferrari will need to look at how the front wing is attached to the car.