View Single Post
Old 5 Apr 2019, 06:15 (Ref:3895395)   #154
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Interesting, so why do you say that?
I think it comes down to a mentality of approach, both of drivers and the team.

A driver with a WDC already has proven their ability. Ferrari seem to look at them as being able to drop in and get results. The driver appears to go to the team with expectations of further success, but Ferrari is a different environment to anywhere else on the grid.

If a driver does not have a WDC, they have still room to develop. Doing that in the team allows the team and driver to progress together towards their common goals, and could foster a greater sense of belonging and being an integral part of the team, not a hired success wagon.