View Single Post
Old 9 Jan 2017, 14:24 (Ref:3701268)   #59
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You're partly right. I agree the price difference is often a deal breaker. I'd say you can build a PC for less than £800, but you'd maybe need to build it yourself, which for a lot of people isn't possible. We can't all be PC experts. So the price difference is huge.

You're also right about rFactor 2. They recently migrated to Steam, and I took that opportunity to reinstall it and was REALLY unimpressed. I'm sure you can do a lot of nice things you can do with it and run loads of mods etc, but the default game looked and sounded terrible and generally it felt 10 years out of date already.

But I also played pCARS on the X1, and I've never had so many problems with a PC game as I did pCARS on the X1. Sound problems, stuttering, FPS drops, timing issues, crashing. These are issues which are usually exclusive to PC gaming, and yet pCARS introduced them all to a console, which was remarkable. The initial release didn't even work with a joypad. You know, the default controller!

Assetto Corsa on the PC for me runs smooth as silk. Default settings worked too, which was nice. I had to mess with controller settings to get my X1 joypad on my PC Feeling good, but not half as much as pCARs on the X1. So in that regard, AC on the PC is brilliant.

I think AC on a console is just a bit behind the PC version. It's a different development studio, so maybe they're still getting to grips with it. I'm sure you'll get the content and features eventually.