Thread: IMSA Race 2017 - Rolex Daytona 24
View Single Post
Old 2 Feb 2017, 23:04 (Ref:3708872)   #1959
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
The diesel skyactiv was (in racing), but I don't think the 'new' engine has much to do with Mazda anyway. I don't know what is going on with AER, but Kolles was quick to get out and picked up the Nismo V6. I think that says something.
I'm speaking about road cars in general..the whole thing just has not worked all that well IMO.... I was hoping for their diesel here in the US but I don't think it's available, and it's been years since it was introduced. Guess I'm a sucker for marketing schmoo.

In terms of AER, they just don't seem capable of producing a motor with any real reliability while making power at a respectful level.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”