Thread: Team Ferrari: in F1
View Single Post
Old 12 Jan 2019, 23:19 (Ref:3875801)   #326
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Alonso failed because he was stuck behind Petrov in 2010 amd squandered a 40 point lead in 2012? Interesting take on history....

2010 was quite mysterious i'll give you that but I'd give Bernie a ring to get your answer on that one. Basically Ferrari called the wrong strategy to put Alonso out of position in Abu Dhabi but there is no need to go back over it all again.

2012?! The consensus has long been accepted that Alonso did exceptionally well to be in contention for the title at all. From mid season onwards his car was not in the frame. He hung on as best he could. Vettel not retiring in Interlagos was a fluke by all accounts.

I recall Alonso making 2 or 3 gaffs at the worst in all his time with Ferrari whereas Vettel has done that near enough every season since he joined!

Alonso would annihilate Vettel!!