View Single Post
Old 9 Nov 2022, 21:24 (Ref:4133130)   #15
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a feeling that rule may have changed for next year & beyond.

So if you were advised earlier this year that you didn't need the ECG, then that may well have been correct advice at that time. I don't know for sure, but it seems that if you didn't need one this year, but now others are being told they do need it for next year, then that would seem to be the logical explanation.

I should just about scrape through without one for next year, as I can apply for my licence before hitting 60 - but it will be my last time without having to get one.

With that in mind, I did a quick search for info, and it would appear that there are various private hospitals around that can do the resting ECG - charges seem to range from £65 to £100+. So probably worth shopping around if you need one.

Completely agree with Simon re the comments about this not being a wise moment to add yet more red tape and expense to the club racer's lot! And they wonder why numbers are dwindling...