View Single Post
Old 4 Dec 2022, 11:10 (Ref:4136077)   #24
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As you may or may not realise, probably the majority of karting now happens outside MSUK "governance" and there's no medical or licence required. A number of my drivers CBA with the MSUK paperwork and don't bother to apply for one.

IDK if this would ever happen in car racing, the circuits are tied too closely. But there is a lot of car sport - ovals, drifting, even track days - outside of MSUK. Although I've been saying this for years and nothing has happened yet, you can search threads about falling grids and draw your own conclusions. Many of us weekend warriors don't actually "race" wheel-to-wheel but actually just enjoy the excitement of driving our machinery fast in a regulated environment. In days gone by this could only happen in an official race, but it's noticeable that track days are often over subscribed yet there are thin grids on race days.

I'm sure this has been noticed by MSUK who are re-aligning their feeder sport (karting) to delivering 14 years old saloon and sports car drivers.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk