View Single Post
Old 28 Feb 2006, 12:59 (Ref:1533216)   #1
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Remember 80's driver called Sven Platt?

I think i may have asked the question before, but not many if any responses have been forthcoming.

During the mid 1980's Prodsaloon boom, there was a Capri 2.8i pedalled rather luridly by a guy named Sven Platt. I think the car ran under the entrant of Project 2 Motorsport and was number 44 in the Uniroyal series. He sometimes shared it with a 'Ronnie Chong.' I think they both lived in the Godalming area?

It was i think white with some orange and yellow stripes.

Platt was quick , often qualifying second or third best Capri behind Skid Scarborough and Jess Yates near the front, but used to spend a lot of his time looking out of the side window of the car going from memory!

I'm wondering if the two names were in fact 'nondeplumes' as a lot of drivers raced under at the time.

Anyway does anyone remember this guy and what became of him as I think he disapeared at the end of that season.

I'm sure it will open up a lot of fond memories of other cars and personalities from the period.