Old 2 Feb 2018, 18:04 (Ref:3797804)   #55
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvincent View Post
It didn't seem like there was much contact at all. I can see why with only 41 cars because they had lots of room (as opposed to the 60+ fields). The only thing I figured is Audi just made a boatload of money on parts with two of them getting trashed. That $10K deductible is burned up right away with GT4 and TCR cars when you touch anything. In the end, it's global and we need lots of carbon as opposed to stamped sheetmetal parts that cost 90% less.
Yeah Tristan for sure will be making some money on spares. I felt pretty bad for the RS Werkes guys; tensions were running pretty high there after the race, and from what I heard Audi didn't have any spares on hand for the suspension. (the RS Werkes car had a broken right rear camber arm and broken right front strut, among other things)

All three GMG R8s got tagged in one way, shape or form. The 50 I think fared the best with a damaged diffuser and bent right rear.

The TCR GTi had a broken front splitter, bent core support and some other stuff slightly re-arranged up front. Lots of other cars had paint marks, tire rubs and other contact marks.

It was great to see Justin and the RS1 guys get a win straight out of the gate. I've been acquainted with him for quite a long time and it's good to see him do well.

Last edited by WolfsburgRS; 2 Feb 2018 at 18:21.