View Single Post
Old 10 Sep 2018, 16:33 (Ref:3849228)   #166
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Agreed, I would almost guarantee that 90% of the spectators would not be able to distinguish the difference between a genuine restored original and newly built replica. If it talks and walks like a duck.....
All this talk about modern drivers not fitting is a bit sour grapes in my view, Sam Tordoff drove the wheels off that 356 on Saturday and Ash Sutton was masterful in the red Cortina. Very strange that Pete Chambers being such an accomplished Porsche driver should make an adventurous overtake into St Marys in Sunday's race, I watched in disbelief from 200 yards away as he tried to slide up the inside of the Galaxie with the resulting contact and barrel rolls.
Ah sorry my thread wasn't sour grapes so apologies if it appears that way.

I do think we've now got professional and amateur historic racing and those of us who are amateurs are paying the same as the professional ergo its more expensive