Old 23 Jan 2019, 09:25 (Ref:3877865)   #228
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1975DCS View Post
I don't mind if both stayed out of Rallycross for good, but I think it's a major waste of good cars that are now becoming museum pieces.
For me Solberg arriving was the start of the demise of Rallycross that we used to know and love, many of folk like me would spen money and travel to the venues with history for our sport that was the appeal. With all his glam and money which led to others to jump on the bandwagon an spoil it for many others. ERC was embracing the digital age and social side with fans and young talent merging through various media platforms to promote the ERC without all the shite that we are experiencing now. Many of the old guard who where trundling around years ago took certain folks arrival and exploited that for there own gains,ultimately that and greed is what led to the crap we are now left with. I hope it all disappears up it’s own arse soon. Until the ERC name (championship) is prized away from the current holders it willl always be a shadow of its former self. Pucher made a start but this is a long way off what fans require ultimately with the one make series he has derived that alone will not suffice it’s not an obtainable feeder class. It’s not rocket science to instigate the correct formula. I know of former high profile competitors who are embarrassed by the goings on the past few years.