View Single Post
Old 27 Jan 2020, 21:48 (Ref:3954109)   #12
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Not surprised Alfa are taking that approach, it’s simple. Don’t think the others like Haas and Williams will have anything out of the ordinary
IMHO, I think we will mostly migrate to...

1. CGI (or mocked up older cars) at pre-testing launch. (or skip pre-testing launch)

2. Show real car at first day of testing. Probably in testing livery. Maybe show CGI of race livery.

3. Race livery and aero at first race.

For all teams, you expect race aero to only show up at the first race. For wealth teams there may be big changes between testing and race. For the others, the aero may change little. Everyone will want to hide aero, so most will not show any "secret sauce" aero on pre-season launch.

I think in the future marketing is excluded from the budget caps so flashy launches can continue. Wealthy teams who are spending up to the cap can devote money to media without stealing funding from the car. Those who are not able to spend up to the cap would be stealing money from the car to fund media.

Either way, I expect most to continue to migrate away from old school expensive launches. Virtual launches (online, CGI cars) should be pretty cheap.

Richard