View Single Post
Old 22 Jun 2004, 13:04 (Ref:1012059)   #1
HoTWire
Racer

HoTWire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking for similar series,..

First I should say Hello! as I'm new,..

I have been a fan of saloon car racing for many years, spending most weekends thoughout the 1990's at Brands Hatch watching as much as I could. However it seemed to gradually decline, in line with the redevelopment of Brands Hatch as a place to entertain business guests.

I moved to South Wales a couple of years ago and I am fairly local to Pembrey, however most of the meetings seem to be motorcycle meetings.

(I'm rambling, but I have a point),..

I've recently been reading about the German "Youngtimer" racing series : http://www.youngtimer.de/menue.html

It looks suitably varied and cars are certainly of the age that I like. Are there any championship equivilents of this over here, ie. '75-'85 or similar aged saloon car championships. If so where do they run mainly?

Also are there any other race series as varied as this? My recollection of the decline in my motorsport viewing was the fact that the higher costs of entry were meaning people wanted to be much more competative, so the variety of cars in various series dropped of as people only race the 2 or 3 dominant cars.

Sorry this is such a rambling first post.....

-David