View Single Post
Old 7 Jun 2018, 00:10 (Ref:3827290)   #8491
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I am not sure I understand why people can't accept what the car is. It is not a regulation LMP1 car, nor is it a bespoke design that has no roots in regulations. It's clearly a modern LMP1 car that has been modified beyond the regulations.

The car clearly is relatively similar to it's regulatory incarnation. I have no doubt that Porsche could have taken it even further than they did. The modifications are not THAT extreme. They clearly wanted to "evolve" the design. To show what could be done with the platform. At the same time it keeps it's roots.

Richard
It's a marketing gimmick by Porsche. This car won Le Mans and it is faster than an F1 car. Unless you follow motorsport, who is to know.