View Single Post
Old 29 Feb 2008, 06:50 (Ref:2140631)   #9
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbert82
Yeah they switched to a Ferrari for the LMS and Le Mans. I think they may have an operation over here as well still running a 997, but I'm not sure. Maybe I'm crazy too, lol.
To be fair, they are running both a 430 and a 997 in the LMS. They, at least in Europe, are a customer-driven organization and now that they have established long-running relationships with customers in the LMS, they will pretty much run what they brung (bought). Pierre Ehret bought a Ferrari this year after years of Porsche competition, and that is the LM car as well. Similarly, Lars Erik Nielsen is continuing to run his Porsche (which I think was Farnbacher's LMS 07 car while Pierre's 997 remained in the US) so they'll field that too.

Here in North America with Farnbacher-Loles, I'm increasingly skeptical about them running anything in the ALMS. Money seems to be an issue for F-L right now, no matter how much they want to run a pro car with Dirk Werner and/or a customer car. 3 cars for the ALMS indeed...a note to the wise, fund first, run yap later.