View Single Post
Old 12 Sep 2000, 13:03 (Ref:36712)   #2
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, I THINK this is good news.

Certainly I have been increasingly agitated about the thought of missing the best weekend in the Historic year, but I do wonder if it wouldn't have been better to pull it and run it again at another date.

I guess the lateness of the date in the calendar rather mitigates against that one.

In the meantime, I have formulated my own game plan. In the light of the campsite announcement (thank God) I shall now be using my remaining two-thirds of a tank to creep down to Goodwood in the dead of night on Friday morning. Never tried a real honest to goodness economy run before.

Hopefully that will leave me with enough to get back on Sunday night.

It may be a close-run thing. I may yet run out of juice on the A3 somewhere, but by then it will be Sunday night, I will have seen my motor racing, and by that stage I won't care.

BTW Dan, where did you get the press release? I've been searching the Goodwood home page all week for information and updates.