View Single Post
Old 18 Mar 2019, 12:14 (Ref:3891564)   #1
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WRX Prediction Competition

WRX Prediction Competition

I thought I would run a prediction competition for WRX and if I get a heat races's worth of entrants it’ll be worth it.

The rules are (relatively) simple.
1. Pick 2 DRIVERS and a TEAM.
2. These picks must be from the different teams. Ie. DRIVER A must be from team D, DRIVER B from team E and your TEAM pick is team F.
3. A TEAM is 2 drivers from team F. For 3 car entries I will use regular season entrants unless otherwise specified by you (you'll see why in a bit). The 3rd driver is part of team F so cannot be used as DRIVER A or DRIVER B.
4. You score points based on where your DRIVERS finish in their individual races. It doesn't matter how many cars are in an individual race, the winner will always get 5. This is how points get scored:

Finish1st2nd3rd4th5th6thDNF (Q1-4)DNF (SF/F)DNS
Points543210100

5. You lose points on how far apart the drivers in your TEAM are in the 4 qualification sessions. For every second the drivers in your TEAM are apart you lose 1 point. I will add up the 3 smallest gaps between your TEAM's drivers across the four heats to find this result. For example, if it totals between 10.000 and 10.999 seconds, you will lose 10 points.
6. If your TEAM does not have 2 cars finish 3 heats I will multiple by 1.5 or 3 to get the 3 race total.
7. The maximum you can lose is capped at 50 points (not including what you can gain).
8. If your TEAM cannot get 2 cars to finish in any session you lose the maximum of 50 points.

Making changes:
9. You can change your position of DRIVER A, DRIVER B and TEAM once each.
10. They can be changed separately, together or not at all.
11. Changing the 2 drivers that score in your TEAM counts as swapping your team.
12. As it is not possible to swap a driver/team in then back out, if a driver/team does not enter the full season then you cannot pick them (unless you sub then out after round 1 or in at round 10).
13. An exception is for drivers being replaced (such as Jérôme Grosset-Janin being replaced by Liam Doran who was then replaced by Anton Marklund). That driver just gets swapped in your pick with his/her replacement automatically.
14. If a full season entrant driver/team pulls out or misses a round and you fail to use/cannot use your change a random swap will be made and you will lose your ability to swap the DRIVER/TEAM that was changed.
15. If you pick a non-permanent entrant, they miss a round and you fail to use/cannot use your swap then a random swap is made AND you lose 25 points.
16. If a driver moves to a different team and this breaks rule 2, the DRIVER will be swapped with the driver they are replaced by at their previous team. If they are not replaced their previous teammate will be your new DRIVER. If they do not have a teammate a new random DRIVER will be picked.

A word of advice. Just pick full season entrants and you can't be docked points.

17. For late entries, for every round you miss you lose 50 points.
18. The last entry must be before Q1 Race 1 is set to begin. This is FRIDAY 5th APRIL at 16:30 local (GMT+4). This will be 13:30 UK time due to daylight saving. If Q1 starts earlier than anticipated the entry deadline also moves back. Also I'm going off local time so if my maths is wrong it will be corrected.

Entry list here. For clarity GCK has 2 different teams.

Most of the rules are for me in case drivers or teams drop out.

Template to enter:
Driver A:
Driver B:
Team:

Template to make a swap:
I want to swap my Driver A/Driver B/Team which is _____ with: _____