View Single Post
Old 7 Jan 2020, 01:14 (Ref:3950118)   #1
kai.scott
Rookie

kai.scott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking for history on a '70 camaro used in thunder saloons

Hey, im wondering if anyone has any info or knows anything about a car ive recently purchased.

From what i know it was purposely built to run in the thundersaloons and the BTCC in the 1970's to 1980's. It was purchased and maybe built buy a guy called Brian Rice, i believe he also raced it for a time.

The car is a pretty heavily modified 1970 camaro Z28, its not been changed or modified since it stopped racing in the early 80's where it was put up for sale and then i believe just parked and passed along with people doing bits of work to it. I have 2 sets of front wings for it, one set is orange and silver rather than blue and silver and i was told it had a sister car, so believe these are from that car. If anyone knows about the sister car, id love to know about that too.

My plan for the car is to repair and rebuild it and turn it into a road/race car so i can still drive it around on the streets.

Ive been told that the car was bought from the dealer in the states and built over there, all the aero on the car was apparently tested in a wind tunnel owned by mercedes. The car was then shipped over here with its sister car by Brian Rice . Unfortunately i have no proof on these claims, this is just what i was told by a couple different people, someone also told me it was a penske camaro but i really doubt it is.

Below is some older photos of the car as it was racing etc:

And below are photos of how it is now:

If anyone recognises the car or knows anything about it id love to know as i think this car has a lot of history. Even if you dont know anything but might have ideas of where to look or who to contact, id also love to know that too.