View Single Post
Old 18 Dec 2020, 15:28 (Ref:4023685)   #14
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
The circle of life!

The funny part is also that Vettel is the worse team mate to have...rather he is the driver more likely to be invovled in a collision with his own team mate.

I feel bad for Stroll!
To be fair, Vettel seems to only do that when the car is good and the team mate is on the same pace. We don't really know if either factor will be there next year. In 2020 Vettel was rarely in the same post code as Leclerc so that was never going to be a big issue, and the stakes were low anyway. Maybe Vettel gets his act together and doesn't get challenged by Stroll, or falls apart even more and Stroll becomes the team leader. Honestly, if I was Aston Martin, I'd have neither driver in the car. I'd keep Perez and get a young hot shoe like Russel in or even Ilot. Instead they chose nepotism and star power.

I'd say Red Bull situation will be more tense, if Perez gets all he needs to get the most of the car. It would be Ricciardo vs Verstappen all over again. Except Perez is not mr. Smiley when things get heated. Remember his ongoing tension with Ocon? And that's with Ocon, who seems like a genuinely nice guy. In the same kind of situation Verstappen will just be his usual rude self, who never admits to ever being wrong. So I can totally imagine some red mist floating between the two.

Either way I don't see Red Bull challenge for victories in 2021. Don't be fooled by the Abu Dhabi performance. Mercs will be miles ahead come spring.