Thread: Multi 21 Sir Lewis
View Single Post
Old 31 Dec 2020, 19:34 (Ref:4026129)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We don’t know why Surtees wasn’t knighted. I agree it would have been good. Maybe he didn’t want it? Maybe it just got lost in the post. Maybe everyone just moaned about it on the internet and no one filled in the form? That John Surtees didn’t get one doesn’t mean another shouldn’t.

It is awful that someone highlighting an injustice in the world is considered political. And in case we go there he equally doesn’t have to speak out about every other justice in the world. But talking about this is far easier than accepting and talking about there being an injustice. Talking about an injustice and one where it is difficult how we can do something directly is difficult. We should try.

You don’t have to live in the UK to receive this award. And there are a lot of previous peopled honored who have not been. Including sportsmen.

Shame that his achievements, and indeed what he says, are ignored by these, IMHO, tiresome and easy distractions.

Sorry. It’s not directed at you, more Twitter I guess!

Sir Lewis Hamilton is a seven times world champion. And one that has leant his voice to an important cause. Although I believe that this was simply for services to motorsport. Hopefully trying to promote a cause about equality doesn’t preclude you from receiving such an honor.