Thread: Multi 21 Sir Lewis
View Single Post
Old 31 Dec 2020, 21:09 (Ref:4026151)   #29
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I don't think LH should have a Sirhood. But that's because I think the whole "honours" system is an anachronism in the 21st Century. Get rid of it.

I applaud Lewis for his skill, I admire his fair play on track and I respect his views off them (whether I agree or not is between me and my conscience, please don't ascribe anything to that statement). I do not need three little letters before his name to feel that way. I'm quite a fan of his already, admittedly.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
That’s a fair enough comment. I suppose it comes down to people’s perspective on society, the monarchy, traditions etc

I’m kinda with you in some respects, the problem is they opened Pandora’s box and it’s almost a thing they have to do every year just because they did the year before....it’s a bit like the peerage system or honarary degrees.