Thread: CSCC DONINGTON
View Single Post
Old 23 Sep 2020, 13:00 (Ref:4005833)   #22
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Last time I was at Donington a couple of months ago I think the old Main entrance by the former museum was closed for all but Auction house connected traffic and all spectator traffic had to go to the Tarmac Lake. All access was through a pedestrian gate directly to the section between Redgate and Holly Wood. However there did seem to be some car access there as well so maybe that was also disabled vehicle entry.

The Coppice Tunnel has not been used for a while other than for spectators at occasional meetings. Often there is some sort of agricultural trailer parked in there presumably to ensure the gates at the tunnel entrance are not opened. The new tunnel is not accessible from inside the circuit boundary.

I'm not sure what they did about parking for blue badge holders at the official Coppice area - could not quite see that from where I watched on the day.

Social distancing in the new Grandstand presumably but at least it is advertised as being free.

The roads around the outside of the circuit from the Paddock entrance to the old Main gate were closed off.

Whether things will be different now I have no idea. I doubt it. The new restrictions are, generally, more restricting now than they were at the time of my visit.