View Single Post
Old 9 Dec 2011, 22:42 (Ref:2997782)   #1230
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
Sarcasm doesn't compute well....
Oh, ok. I wasn't sure if you were kidding or if you were suffering from temporary insanity so I chose the "nicer" answer! So who wants to Photoshop a Dallara DP with Big Honkin' Holes and a Big Honkin' Fin? Ok, nobody, but you could be looking at the future of sports car racing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
i've read some time ago that from 2014 and on, the lmp1 class will be reserved only for coupè cars, most of these will be cars of manufacter's work teams. The min. weigth should be decreased to 700kg, while the hybrid engines won't be mandatory but surely all manufacters will focus on that. The engine specs should remain the same of the actual ones but surely the diesel engines will be obsolete or banned at all. The lmp2 class should not have too much changings.

I've read too that should come back a sort of groupC spirit:
there will be a determined amount liters of fuel that each car can use during the race, in this way each team may use different strategies like choice between more power but higher consumaption or less power but lower consumaption.
I'm happy about this because finally endurance races will come back to be endurance races and not anymore endless sprint races as happens now.
Those are some of the rumors. The point about the class becoming almost entirely manufacturer racing is interesting. Can the privateers get equipment in 2014 that can match the pace and efficiency of what the factory teams will have? It'll be very tough I think. I don't know what the privateers will do and I don't know how the series can hedge their bets if there is a mass (but not complete) manufacturer withdrawal. Still, it could be interesting to see. From the ALMS perspective, will they ignore the consumption formula or will they adopt it too?