View Single Post
Old 9 Jun 2010, 11:35 (Ref:2707196)   #36
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silver Bullet makes some very relevant points. As he suggests you don't necessarily need one championship just everybody working together, sharing events and venues and working to the same class structure.

If I had more time, money, mechanical knowledge and a place to store a car, I would love to have a go at rallycross. I certainly could not afford to start in RX150's or Swifts. There is very definitely a need for a budget class.

The need for people to be able to develop a car through the classes without spending a fortune is very relevant as well. There's a place for the more exotic machinery too.

The ROC tried to get 1A going and the fore runner to the current Div 2 but it just hasn't taken off. The Scandinavian's have proved that you don't need to run to Euro regs to have a thriving championship. I'd advocate five or six classes, ranging from Juniors through to Supercar. On the subject what's going on with the Juniors? Only two entries for Blyton! This needs to be the starting point for any over haul of the class structure and by the looks of it, it's the area that needs the most urgent attention.